Dec 15, 2017
- WBB – The Blues go a perfect 6-0 as part of a 13-0 start to the regular season.
- WVB – Sarah Hughes and Kira Sutcliffe named PACWEST First Team All-Stars, and Tyneille Neufeld earns Second Team honours. Anika Kolybaba named to the PACWEST All-Rookie Team.
- MVB – Justin Yee named men’s volleyball PACWEST Rookie of the Year. Yee and Jonathan Lee both earn spots on the conference All-Rookie Team.
- MVB – Simon Friesen named a PACWEST First Team All-Star.
- WVB – Capilano wins bronze at the PACWEST Championships. Sarah Hughes is named to the Tournament All-Star Team.
- WBB – The Blues finish atop the PACWEST regular season standings at 16-2.
- WBB – Carmelle M’Bikata named PACWEST Player of the Year. M'Bikata was also a First Team All-Star, while Sherrie Errico and Ashley dela Cruz Yip earned a spot on the Second Team.
- WBB – Ramin Sadaghiani voted PACWEST Coach of the Year.
- MBB – Greet Gill receives PACWEST First Team All-Star honours.
- MBB – Wowie Untalan named PACWEST Rookie of the Year.
- MBB – CapU earns a silver medal at the PACWEST Championships. Greet Gill and Hassan Phills are Tournament All-Stars
- WBB – The Blues win silver at the PACWEST Championships. Karyn Nelson and Carmelle M’Bakata earn Tournament All-Star honours.
- Sarah Hughes (WVB) and Carmelle M’Bikata (WBB) named CCAA All-Canadians.
- Eight Capilano student-athletes receive the PACWEST Academic Excellence Award, which is given to student-athletes who achieve Honours Standing or equivalent over their last 27 credits: Ashley dela Cruz Yip (WBB), Zuzia Zdziechowski (WBB), Devan Woolley (MSC), Shaelie Bramley (WSC), Taylor Einhorn (WSC), Natalie Leclerc (WSC), John Dela Cruz (MVB), and Tyneille Neufeld (WVB).
- MSC – At the North Shore Sports Awards, CapU took home Team of the Year and head coach Paul Dailly won Coach of the Year. Long-time head coach and former Athletic Director Joe Iacobellis was also honoured with a Lifetime Contribution to Sport Award.
- Capilano wins the PACWEST Founder’s Cup, given annually to the most-improved athletic program in the conference.
- Seven Blues are named CCAA Academic All-Canadians, an honour given to student-athletes who were named to their league’s All-Star Team and also achieved Honours Standing at their institution (3.67 GPA or better at Capilano): Ashley dela Cruz Yip (WBB), Sherrie Errico (WBB), Keith Jackson (MSC), Devan Woolley (MSC), Taylor Einhorn (WSC), Tyneille Neufeld (WVB), and Sarah Hughes (WVB).
- Three former Capilano Blues were inducted into the CCAA Hall of Fame. Long-time women’s soccer coach Doug Abercrombie (5 national championships) was inducted in the coach category, former men’s soccer head coach and Athletic Director Joe Iacobellis (3 national championships, 2 national silvers) was inducted as a coach, and women’s soccer standout Melissa Artuso (30 goals in 31 games, 3-time All Canadian) was inducted in the athlete category.
- 20 CapU student-athletes are named CCAA National Scholars. To receive the award, student-athletes must achieve Honours Standing at their institution in the current academic year. The recipients:
- WBB - Ashley dela Cruz Yip, Sherrie Errico, Amber Kavanagh, Natasha Reimer, Zuzia Zdziechowski
- MVB - Cameron Fay, Mattias Wels-Lopez
- WVB - Keeley Bell, Kelsi Boroevich, Tracy Ewashkiw, Trina Ewashkiw, Sarah Hughes, Tyneille Neufeld
- MSC - Keith Jackson, Kaylin Kaila, Devan Woolley
- WSC - Brooklynn Doucette, Natalie Leclerc, Juliana Mannella, Dominika Paige
Ultimate – The newly-formed CapU Blues Ultimate team wins silver at their first ever tournament, the Western University Championships.
- WSC – Claire Ye named PACWEST Rookie of the Year.
- WSC – Adrianna Babinski and Claire Ye earn PACWEST Conference All-Star honours.
- MSC – Keith Jackson voted PACWEST Player of the Year.
- MSC – Keith Jackson, Nicolas Morello, and Hudson Nelles are named PACWEST Conference All-Stars.
- MSC – Paul Dailly tabbed as PACWEST Coach of the Year for the third year in a row and seventh time in his 15 years at Capilano.
- WSC – The Blues win silver at the PACWEST Championships in Squamish. Jessica Price and Catrina Olstrom are named Tournament All-Stars.
- MSC – CapU takes home the bronze medal at the PACWEST Championships.
- MSC – Keith Jackson and Nicolas Morello named CCAA All-Canadians.
- WBB – Ashley dela Cruz Yip becomes the all-time assists leader in PACWEST women’s basketball history.
December: where the Blues stand heading into 2018
- MVB – Capilano sits tied for first in the PACWEST at 10-2, and is ranked #7 in the CCAA.
- WVB – The Blues are 6-6 and in fourth in the conference, and currently ranked #12 in the CCAA.
- WBB – CapU is one of four teams tied for first place at 4-2, and ranked #13 in the CCAA.
- MBB – Coming off of wins over CBC and #7-ranked Douglas, the Blues sit even at 3-3 and in fourth place in the PACWEST.