Blues Athletics believes in success in the classroom. Every athlete who competes for the Blues must comply to the eligibility rule set out by the PACWEST and the CCAA. Completing 9 credit hours in each semester of competition is mandatory for every athlete to remain academically eligible to compete from year to year.
The following information helps athletes be successful in the classroom:
Capilano University Student Services:
There are many services available to Capilano University students such as financial aid and awards:
The following link will provide the contact information of the academic advisors for the specific sport:
Showcase Capilano University:
Visit Capilano: Tours & More:
Capilano University Blues Athletics is a member of the Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA) and the Pacific Western Athletic Association (PACWEST), and as such follow all the rules and regulations set out by the league.
To be eligible to compete as a Blues athlete, a student must be registered as a full-time Capilano University student and fulfill all CCAA eligibility criteria. The CCAA terms a student in good standing to be the following:
- Registered in 9 credit units in each term they are competing
- Successfully complete 18 credit units in the year they consumed eligibility (September to August 31st)
CCAA Student-Athlete Consent Form
CCAA Coach Consent Form
CCAA Student-Athlete Information Guide
Blues Athletics Student-Athlete Code of Conduct
Blues Athletics Sports Information Form
Blues Athletics Authority to Travel Form
Steps to becoming a Blues athlete:
- Contact a coach and/or fill in a recruit form (each team has a recruit form on their team page under the 'Recruiting' header)
- Apply for admissions to Capilano University
- Submit all your documents to Admissions
- Commit to your coach
- Complete the CCES online drug doping session online before first day of practice. This information will come from your coach in September.