2020-21 will see Cassidy Kannemeyer enter his sixth season as the head coach of the Capilano University Blues men's basketball program. During his time at CapU, his team's best finish is a silver medal in the 2016-17 PACWEST playoffs.
The 2019-20 campaign was an injury-plagued one for the Blues with as many as four key players sidelined simultaneously. The result was a sixth-place finish in the standings and the Blues headed into the 2020 PACWEST playoffs as tournament hosts. The Blues played a thrilling contest against Okanagan College in front of a packed crowd at the Centre for Sport & Wellness but came up just a bucket short of advancing.
In 2018-19, the Blues defeated Okanagan College in the quarterfinals before a narrow loss to Douglas College in the semifinals.
A long-time coach with Basketball BC, Kannemeyer was named head coach of the U15 Boys Provincial Team in December of 2017. He also works as a Special Education Teacher for the Vancouver School Board, and is very involved in the East Vancouver basketball community.
Capilano Coaching Record:
PACWEST Regular Season Record: 46-47
PACWEST Playoff Record: 4-7
2016-17 - PACWEST Silver Medal
Past Coaching Experience:
- 2017-present - Basketball BC U15 Head Coach
- 2012-16 - Basketball BC U16/17 Assistant Coach
- 2010-15 - Quest University Men's Basketball Assistant Coach
- 2006-10 - Head Coach - Vancouver Night Hoops
- 2008-10 - Head Coach - Burnaby North Secondary School Boys Basketball
- 2007-08 - Van Tech Senior Girls Basketball Coach - Tier 2 City Champions